Sponsorship and Events Coordinator
Job details – About the position
Northern Blues Football Club is part of the Victorian Football League and is the AFL affiliate of the Carlton Football Club.
The Northern Blues works closely with Carlton – donning its navy blue colours – in the development of young players and provides opportunities for senior players to mentor and support the VFL players.
Founded in 1882, the Club has a rich history associated with some of the game’s greats stemming from the Club’s time as the ‘Bullants’.
The Club is seeking a Sponsorship and Events Coordinator to join the team.
This full-time position is responsible for the management and development of new and existing sponsors of the Northern Blues Football Club. The position will also include the effective management and growth of all club events. The Sponsorship and Events Coordinator will play a pivotal role in identifying opportunities to increase and create new partners and events and will follow through with drive and determination.
Working jointly to the Club President and the General Manager of the Northern Blues, the successful candidate will have previous sponsorship, sales and event management experience in addition to excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
The Sponsorship and Events Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the General Manager in working across day-to-day football operations and will provide an opportunity for growth and development.
The successful candidate will also need to be available to work seasonal hours including weekends and evenings and at various locations.
The key responsibilities for this role are, but not limited to:
Operations and Administration
- Provide ongoing strategic direction of the Northern Blues Football Club in conjunction with the Board and General Manager
- Continue to develop the Northern Blues footprint within the Northern Corridor of Melbourne
- Development and management of several budgets, including sponsorship, events and merchandise
- Membership administration assistance
- Provide support and guidance to staff and volunteers
- Management of internship program
- Overseeing data management of players, staff, interns and volunteers
- Risk management with input from the Board & external providers
- Continue to grow and develop corporate partnerships and relationships
- Continue to develop, build and grow the revenue streams of the Club
- Create the marketing strategies for membership, sponsorship and events
- Oversee all commercial communications to relevant stakeholders
- Manage all facets of event development, scheduling, selling and execution
- Ensure that the level of customer satisfaction is at the high level expected when representing the Northern Blues
- Management of the ‘Grandstand’ Function Centre
- Manage all facets of Northern Blues match day requirements from delivery to execution, including but not limited to management of volunteers, sponsor activations and events
Candidates will need to address the following selection criteria:
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
- Experience in development, sales and management of sponsorships
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with external clients and the club’s internal administration
- Highly-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and work to tight timelines whilst producing work of a high standard
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to write material for a range of audiences and purposes and well as the ability to use strong verbal communication skills when dealing with stakeholders
- Ability to be able to work flexible hours and in accordance with working hours as directed on a needs basis.
- Current Driver’s license
- Previous experience at a management level would be highly desirable
How to apply
- Please submit a CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close Sunday 25 November 2018.
- Applications will be actively reviewed, and candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date
- Only shortlisted candidates who have addressed the selection criteria will progress through the application process
The Northern Blues Football Club is an Equal Opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds and with skills and experiences suitable for this role.